Welcome to MAC Middle's 2022-2023 Inaugural Year, an evolved approach to preparing learners for their future.
At MAC Middle, learning is about discovery, not rote memorization of facts. Our approach is student-centered, with our educators guiding students to hone 21st century skills like critical thinking, communication, creativity and collaboration. Lessons are tailored to student interests so learning has context that is meaningful for each learner. At MAC Middle, knowledge is not delivered by our educators, but rather co-created with each learner as our educators harness teachable moments to scaffold learning as thinking, feeling and doing. Our entrepreneurial approach to learning focuses on connecting with each learner’s unique gifts in order to bring out the best in them.
Founded in 2002, MAC is an independent school serving a community of learners ranging in age from 8 weeks to 14 years. MAC has grown steadily since its inception, adding an Elementary program in 2013 that has grown into a thriving community of learners with continued annual increases in enrollment. MAC Middle follows a traditional academic year, end of August to end of May and the learning environment is planned in the upstairs space of our building at 2500 Curtis Street, with construction completed before the start of the 2022-2023 school year. Pioneer learners at MAC Middle will be encouraged to participate in designing and accommodating the open floor plan space to ensure it meets their needs for collaboration and independent learning.
The Admissions process is easy!
1. Complete the inquiry form here.
2. MAC Admissions will schedule a call and a personal tour.
3. Fill out an application here.
4. After completing the application, in the same parent portal you created, click on "Continue Admissions Process" then click on "Send Request" next to "Common Transcript Request Form" and the "Online Teacher Recommendation Form" and fill in the required contact information.
5. Complete an individual student interview with MAC Middle School Teachers and complete a family interview with MAC Middle School Director and Head of School*
*MAC Admissions will contact students & families to schedule interviews.
We look forward to hearing from you! For more specific information on our Middle School, read our FAQs here.