Employee Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Daily Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m - 6:00 p.m. (with a 1-hour break)
Support the 3 Nido classrooms with:
- Diaper changes, bottles, and naps
- Checking the classrooms to see if they need extra supplies- going to the dish room to get the supplies as needed.
- Supporting the classrooms when a staff member is out
- Support lead needs to help facilitate this and ensure that classrooms are comfortable and place a Nido support staff member in the room if that would make the day better for the staff and children
- Assist with aftercare in the community room from 3:30-6:00
- 8-9 children should be in the community room with 3 adults
- If 6 children are in the community room, the 3rd adult is checking in on the classrooms and seeing if they need help with anything, allowing the lead teacher to leave the classroom at 3:30.
- Support staff is still able to help with diapers, naps, and bottles at this time, whether in the classroom or in the community room
- Hours are 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Once the staff member arrives at 9 am, they should check in with the classrooms. Check the charts, assist with diapers, bottles, and naps.
- Help children get ready to go outside. Bring buggies to the hallway, help children get shoes on, help load children into buggies, help children walking on the rope make it outside.
- Support the 3 classrooms and the children by either being outside or helping inside with bottles, naps, diapers and preparing lunches, communicating with the Support Lead and the classroom teachers to see where they are needed.
- At 11:00, the staff member should be in a classroom supporting the lunch hour. This includes, but is not limited to sitting at the table, modeling eating, helping with cleaning, diapers, bottles, naps, and engaging with children through songs, reading, and work time.
- From 11:30-2:30, support with the breaks of the classroom staff. The staff member's break is 2:30-3:30.
- At 3:30, support brings out 2-3 children from each classroom and participate in engaging activities with the children in the community room.
Nido Support staff:
- Proactively seeks areas to support the entire community before being asked
- Needs to engage positively with all children, singing songs, encouraging children to participate in activities
- Needs to be aware of child development and understand the behaviors that are appropriate for children 8 weeks to 18 months
- Consistently use positive communication with parents at the end of the day