Job Title: Executive Assistant
Supervisor: Head of School
The Executive Assistant provides consistent, confidential, and professional administrative support for the Administration in order to maintain the well-being of the school and the broader community. The executive assistant plays an integral role in the day-to-day goings of both the faculty and the student body. The executive assistant supports the Administrative Leadership team with scheduling, gatekeeping, and project management coordination. The ideal candidate will be the first line of communication between the administration and the wider community. This position would be the administrator in charge at the end of the day and close the school at 5:30pm.
- Promote the school’s mission, making it the center of all decisions and actions.
- Support an atmosphere of trust and openness among teachers, students, and parents.
- Greets every vendor and visitor to MAC to welcome and kindly direct them to the appropriate person.
- Perform in an open and sometimes stressful environment with many interruptions while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Organize and review daily priorities for the Head of School.
- Schedule, maintain, and confirm the Head of School’s appointments and calendar activities.
- Manage all arrangements for faculty/staff meetings and employee events.
- Work with Admissions and Development to help execute event logistics.
- Record all meeting minutes.
- Screen phone calls and take messages.
- Assist with travel arrangements for Administration.
- Provide general clerical duties and administrative support to the school
- Manage and maintain teaching/administrative supplies and materials.
- Prepare the parent directory.
- Serve on administrative and academic committees.
- Open and deliver the school’s mail.
- Welcome guests both internal and external consistently, frequently and genuinely.
- Post and manage job advertisements. Screen qualified candidates. Coordinate and act as liaison for interviews and site visits.
- Complete occasional errands.
- Assist in executing campus-wide events.
- Compile information as requested, formatting reports, graphs, tables, records, and presentations
- Assume responsibility for other projects as assigned by the Head of School.
- Own the Front office, copy room, staff areas of the school.
- Approach each day proactively. Look for opportunities to create smooth seamless systems, get in front of issues that could become a problem if not addressed.
- Coordinate with school nurse and or provide minor first aid and arrange for care of ill or injured students.
- Support school-wide events, such as book fair, picture day, etc
- Complete all classroom and school-wide supply orders.
- Provides student attendance detail to Denver Preschool Program on a monthly basis.
- Collaborates with Director of Operations and school nurse to ensure all school medication administration documents are maintained and organized in a systematic manner.
- Provides Head of School student birthdays on a monthly basis
- Attends board meetings to take notes.
- Oversee students waiting in the main office of the school and contacting parents when requested by teachers.
- Monitor security camera and manage key card software.
- Ensure licensing guidelines posted; signage at doors; subs names at classroom doors, visitor logbook.
- Coordinates with Director of Communication to provide clear communication around all school functions.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork for school in service.
- Coordinates with Director of Development and ensures proper event set up.
- Performs clerical work related to admissions applications, enrollment, attendance, personnel, organization, classroom budgets, and weekly Amazon Fresh orders.
- Routinely straightens office area and copy room, put all paper and orders away paying close attention to organization.
The Montessori Academy of Colorado (MAC) is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment, free of discrimination or harassment, for its community. MAC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, immigration/citizen status, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, disability, socio-economic status, political affiliation, or any other non-merit fact. Any person with a concern or allegation of discrimination or harassment shall report it to MAC’s Compliance Coordinator. More information is available on our website.