Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle Admissions Process
We are honored that you are considering us for your Kindergarten or Elementary education needs. Please see below how our admissions process works.
- Inquire about our school. You can fill out this form to provide basic information on your child and the timing you are considering and to schedule a tour.
- Come visit us! After you inquire, we will reach out to schedule a tour (currently all tours are done virtually). During your tour, you will discover our history, explore our campus, and see our students and teachers in action. You will also hear about our academic program, including Montessori + best practice. After your tour, we will give you an informational folder containing a paper application, and we will also email you an electronic copy. We look forward to meeting you!
- Submit an application! After you visit MAC you may then fill out an application. You will need to create an account if this is your first time filling out an application for MAC. There is an application fee of $100 collected before the application is submitted.
- Upon receiving your completed application and fee (one per child, please), the admissions team will evaluate your application and based on program needs, the balance of ages of children in the classroom, and the services MAC provides to meet the needs of your child, you will be contacted if your application moves forward to the next step of a shadow day.
- A shadow day is where your child can experience MAC and we can get to know them better. This is typically a really fun day for visiting students. (Integrated Kindergarten (IK) students spend an hour with our Program Director instead of a shadow day.) Please also request that your child’s current school send any records, and ask your child’s current teacher to fill out our recommendation form. When all three pieces are complete (shadow day/visit, records, recommendation), our admissions committee will review your child’s application. Acceptances are made based on space and fit; MAC follows the Association of Colorado Independent Schools notification timelines which we can explain more about on your tour.
- Stay Connected! We love to hear any updates on your timing, needs, and anything else you would like to share. Feel free to check in anytime on anticipated upcoming spots. You can also follow MAC on our Instagram and Facebook pages and expect to receive information from us, including invitations to MAC events.
If your child is offered a spot, we will send an enrollment contract and introduce you to your child’s teacher and welcome you to MAC!