Careers at MAC
Summer Camp Counselors
The Montessori Academy of Colorado is seeking Elementary-level Summer Camp Counselors for the 2017 summer. In this position, you will work with children between Kindergarten and 6th grade (roughly 30 children per group) each week.
Camp will start on June 12 and end August 4th (with one week of training starting June 5. We are seeking 2 counselors to work full time and several others as part-time to fill in and use as substitutes.
The camp will include summer activities such as swimming, gardening, music, art, science, sports, cooking, field trips and gardening. We are especially looking for counselors who have experience in these areas.
Compensation will depend on applicant's qualifications and experience: $11-13/hr
Required Skills include:
• Ability to work the full duration of the summer camp
• Desire to work with children of all ages
• Flexibility to engage children in both inside and outside activities
• Creativity and ability to collaborate with other team members
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Lifeguard training
• CPR, 1st Aid, UPT (Universal Precautions) training
Shifts will vary depending on availability and needs of the camp: 8AM-4PM, 9AM-5PM, or 11AM-5:30PM