Board of Directors Meeting Minutes January 24, 2011
Board of Directors (BOD) Meeting Minutes
January 24, 2011
Board Members in Attendance: Matt Parsons, Bob Young, Jennifer Crossett, Chuck Raisch, Ryan Blake, Bryon Farnsworth, Heather Day-Richter, Daniel Storch, Colleen Hackley, Rebecca Hudson
Board Members Absent: Kim Churches
Staff: Nancy James, Greg Jaworowski, RB Fast, Jeb Smith
- 1. Welcome
- Parsons called the meeting to order at 6:07 PM
- Parsons took attendance and established quorum. Approval of the December 13, 2010 board meeting minutes was set in motion by Parsons, all in favor (10), all opposed (0), abstain (0), absent (1) - the December 13, 2010 minutes were approved.
- 2. Financials and Finance Committee Report
- Reviewed balance sheet that compares Dec 2010 vs Audit numbers.
- Reviewed Profit and Loss Budget vs Actual.
- Examining a switch to cash based accounting rather than accrual based accounting and what changes would be incurred from an accounting perspective and what statements would need to be updated.
- 3. Executive Director (ED) and Enrollment Report
- Budget Cycle is ongoing. Draft budget by Feb 14. Will be presented at the Feb board meeting.
- Accounting resource that is being utilized needs to stop working with MAC due to her availability. A search for a replacement is being conducted.
- Work bond due date for half of the work bond is the last day of February.
- Spring Break Camp will be offered in March 2011.
- Fundraising for 2010 was a great success. $17,550 was raised between Grand people’s day, MAC Parents and a BOD match.
- Staffing Updates:
i. New maintenance technician was hired (David Espinosa)
ii. New Primary After School coordinator was hired (Mr. Jeb Smith)
- Summer Program – investigating summer programs that will be offered this upcoming summer.
- 4. Committee Updates and Reports
- BOD Development – First meeting week of February 7th. The BOD and parent body is requested to share potential board member names with the committee. Plan is to develop a matrix of skills and experience of current BOD and determine what skill sets are needed in the future.
- Fundraising – Lots of activities at end of year 2010. Planning for 2011 has begun.
- Strategic Planning – Continuing to gather information for the strategic plan. Survey is being prepped and will be sent out to the parent body.
- Building Committee – Completed review of the first floor of the MAC building. All activities are centered on data gathering and to date, no actions are being taken. Now conducting a review of the second floor.
- PMAC – no updates.
- Gala – Planning is ongoing. Booklets with auction items will be distributed the Wed before the event. Volunteers are still needed. Please contact Colleen for more information.
- 5. BOD Other Updates
- Approval of the Gift Acceptance Policy was set in motion by Parsons, all in favor (10), all opposed (0), abstain (0), absent (1) - the Gift Acceptance Policy was approved and will be adopted by MAC.
- 6. Adjourn
- Parsons adjourned the meeting at 7:38 PM.